Analysis and Application
- Collect and review several styles of letterhead, and write a short
analysis of what you find effective about the layout of each. Next,
design and or create your own letterhead to be used for all correspondence
for this course.
This section has covered the following areas:
- The major purposes and audiences for letters
- The major characteristics of full-block, semi-block and simplified
- The major components of all letters, and how those components
should be formatted
- Identify the characteristics of four major letter types: Cover
Letters, Letters of Inquiry, Letters of Intent, and Letters of Transmittal.
Go to Section III. Memoranda, which
covers the second major area of writing correspondence.