[SFRA-L] Odd little essay on Bradbury

Jon Eller jeller at iupui.edu
Thu Jan 12 13:24:18 EST 2012

Thanks, Peter, for the link to Daniel Flynn's article on Bradbury in
The American Conservative. Flynn offers some thought-provoking
comments based on Sam Weller's 2010 book of Bradbury interviews.
Sam's book provides a good late-life baseline for comparison with the
social and political viewpoints that Bradbury expressed early in his
career. As I wrote Becoming Ray Bradbury, I found a mixture of
liberal and conservative views from the beginning. His hatred of
totalitarian tendencies, for example, extends to the far Left as well
as the far Right, and always has.

Best,

Jon

Jonathan R. Eller, Professor of English
Senior Textual Editor, Institute for American Thought
Director, Center for Ray Bradbury Studies
Textual Editor, Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury
Textual Editor, Writings of Charles S. Peirce
Textual Editor, Works of George Santayana
Indiana University School of Liberal Arts