[SFRA-L] Kim Stanley Robinson interview in Polygraph 22, "Ecology and Ideology"

Gerry Canavan gerry.canavan at duke.edu
Mon Sep 13 00:56:27 EDT 2010

With Lisa Klarr and Ryan Vu I recently edited a special issue of Polygraph
on Ecology and Ideology, and one of the pieces we published was a lengthy
interview with Kim Stanley Robinson. You can find a digital version of the
interview at the Polygraph web site as a PDF, and also on my blog at the
link below.

http://www.duke.edu/web/polygraph/poly22.html
http://www.duke.edu/web/polygraph/kimstanleyrobinson.pdf
http://gerrycanavan.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/science-justice-science-fiction-an-interview-with-kim-stanley-robinson/

The introduction to the issue also speaks a bit about science fiction and
its relationship with ecological politics. You can find that at the
Polygraph web site as well. The issue itself, which naturally has a great
deal to say about apocalyptic themes and other science fictional tropes, can
be ordered through Amazon if you are interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Polygraph-22-Ideology-Gerry-Canavan/dp/tags-on-product/0979071569

Hope some of you find this interesting or useful for your work.

All the best,
Gerry Canavan
Program in Literature
Duke University